Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Jira Reports with Insight Objects

Kirk Shultz November 5, 2021

Hello!

I'm trying to create a Dashboard on Jira that utilizes Objects from Insight. We are on Jira Server/DC 8.20.1

We currently have an Insight Database that contains personnel and employment information. Each employee is placed into their respective department, and their profile includes an attribute named "Supervisor" The lead of the department will be the Supervisor for all personnel in that container.

The request is to create a Jira Dashboard that allows the department leads to only see the personnel they supervise utilizing Insight Objects to fulfil this request.

I tried using the Insight Widget dashboard gadget, but I couldn't get it to work. Is there a way to do this in Jira? If not, is there a way to limit what each lead can see if all personnel is placed in the same Object Schema?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2021

Clarifying question: You have to create the report  or insight filter first and then add it to the Inisght widget. Did you already do these steps?

Kirk Shultz November 8, 2021

Hello Carla! Thanks for reaching out to me.

I've created the filters in Insight I wished to use, however when I try to modify the Insight Widget dashboard item, it displays a blank dropdown field.

WIdget Gadget Blank.PNG

Kirk Shultz November 8, 2021

Aah! I managed to figure it out! The Widget seems to have been waiting for an Insight Report, not just a filter. I only had filters created but did not take the next step. 

Once I created the reports in Insight > Reports and refreshed the Dashboards page, they both showed up.

Thanks Carla! I wouldn't have thought to use a report, figured it was all filter based.

Like hajar tougari likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events