Create subtasks automatically for new user onboarding

Martin Kulp March 11, 2021

I created a new user onboarding request for HR to use, and what I'd like to do is have it create subtasks automatically when HR clicks "submit." A checklist for the helpdesk to use when setting them up. Something like:

* User created in Active Directory

* Office 365 license assigned

* User added to distribution groups

* Etc

I would also like these subtasks to not be created as entirely new tickets, but rather as a sort of built-in checklist.

I've searched around for answers to this but so far have not found anything satisfactory.

We are using Jira cloud.

4 answers

1 vote
Alina Kachan_Railsware_ March 12, 2021

Hi, @Martin Kulp!

You may also check out our Smart Checklist for Jira add-on for creating checklists automatically once your HR rep submits an issue. Here are the setup instructions.

For any questions, feel free to reach out to me! 

Best,

Alina

1 vote
Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 12, 2021

Hi @Martin Kulp,

Jira does not support checklists natively. 

However, the "default Checklist" feature provided by Issue Checklist Free app was designed for your exact case. 

It applies the selected checklist to all newly created issues of the selected type (e.g. Onboarding). 

The app is simple to start and use (just install and go), but in case of any questions, feel free to leave questions here or reach our support directly. 

Cheers,
Jack

1 vote
Payal _appbox.ai_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 11, 2021

Hi @Martin Kulp 

As you mentioned that you don’t want to create a separate sub-ticket for each activity, One possible way to track employee onboarding activity from within the same HR ticket is to use a third-party checklist app for JIRA.

There are a couple of options available on the marketplace. Our company offers Checklist for Jira Cloud. Free which works with Cloud and can load a custom onboarding checklist on a ticket based on a JQL Condition, say in your case when match [request-type = "HR Onboarding" -> Load a template]. 

I hope this gives you a pointer to start, Happy to help in case you have further questions.

Thanks,
Payal.

0 votes
Martin Kulp March 12, 2021

Thanks everyone! I will play around with some of these and see which one is best for us. Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events