Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create subtasks automatically for new user onboarding

I created a new user onboarding request for HR to use, and what I'd like to do is have it create subtasks automatically when HR clicks "submit." A checklist for the helpdesk to use when setting them up. Something like:

* User created in Active Directory

* Office 365 license assigned

* User added to distribution groups

* Etc

I would also like these subtasks to not be created as entirely new tickets, but rather as a sort of built-in checklist.

I've searched around for answers to this but so far have not found anything satisfactory.

We are using Jira cloud.

4 answers

Hi @Martin Kulp 

As you mentioned that you don’t want to create a separate sub-ticket for each activity, One possible way to track employee onboarding activity from within the same HR ticket is to use a third-party checklist app for JIRA.

There are a couple of options available on the marketplace. Our company offers Checklist for Jira Cloud. Free which works with Cloud and can load a custom onboarding checklist on a ticket based on a JQL Condition, say in your case when match [request-type = "HR Onboarding" -> Load a template]. 

I hope this gives you a pointer to start, Happy to help in case you have further questions.

Thanks,
Payal.

Hi @Martin Kulp,

Jira does not support checklists natively. 

However, the "default Checklist" feature provided by Issue Checklist Free app was designed for your exact case. 

It applies the selected checklist to all newly created issues of the selected type (e.g. Onboarding). 

The app is simple to start and use (just install and go), but in case of any questions, feel free to leave questions here or reach our support directly. 

Cheers,
Jack

Hi, @Martin Kulp!

You may also check out our Smart Checklist for Jira add-on for creating checklists automatically once your HR rep submits an issue. Here are the setup instructions.

For any questions, feel free to reach out to me! 

Best,

Alina

Thanks everyone! I will play around with some of these and see which one is best for us. Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing Mindville Insight is now part of Jira Service Management!

Hello Community! We’re excited to announce that Mindville Insight’s asset and configuration management capabilities will now be integrated into Jira Service Management Premium and Enterprise plan...

754 views 12 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you