Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create specific type of task via mail

Rodrigo Saulis August 24, 2020

I have my business mail configuration integrated on my Service Desk and I have a rule that creates tasks on the queue when an email is sended to a specific mail account.

What I want to know is if I can create a specific type of task via email.

What I mean is:

Recived mail without rule -> IT Problem queue task created

Revived mail with rule (specified sender for ex.) -> commercial information request.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2020

Can you better explain this "rule". Ultimately you can only create a single request type for email requests. However, it might be possible to change the issuetype or request type using Automation after the issue is created.

Rodrigo Saulis August 24, 2020

Of course.

What I have now is that when I recive an email in one specified account, jira creates a task as a email request.

What I want is to have the option to create another request type via email, when, for example, the email subject is one in concret.

I try to do it with Automation, but I think that it's not possible to do what I need

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2020

here is a test I just was successful with. Note you cannot use "Project automation" you can only do this via "Automation".

automation.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events