Create resolved service desk request

Jonathan Stuckey July 4, 2017

When a user calls our help desk, we require our agents to fill out a ticket detailing the call.  Usually, the user's issue is resolved on the call.  Is it possible to create an issue in Service Desk that is already resolved?  Currently our agents are creating a ticket and then resolving it which is an additional step for them.

2 comments

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2017

Hi Jonathan,

are you using JIRA Server or Cloud? If you are using JIRA server you can use Power Scripts add-on as a post function to automatically resolve the issue: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin/server/overview

Hope that helps?

Cheers

Christoph

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2017

I expect you can do this w/o a plugin if the following solution would be acceptable.

Create a unique Issue Type (Cust_Call)

Create a very simple workflow: Open to Done. You can do this simply by creating a new workflow, add Done status, move the transition from   the default (New) to the Done, setup your post functions as you want, e.g. resolution = Done.

The user takes the call and creates a new ticket adding call notes in description and when call is complete it moves to done. If there is followup on this you could always use Sub-Tasks. If you want certain fields to be completed then simply create a unique create screen and associate to the Cust_Call issue type.

Jonathan Stuckey July 5, 2017

I thought about that as well.  The only reason I was hesitant was that ideally I would have this request in the support portal for our agents to submit a Cust_Call request from there, but there isn't a way that I know of out of the box to prevent regular users from submitting that request.  It still seems like your method is the best way to go.

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2017

Yep therefore you would need another addon to restrict request type visibility based on groups.. 

Jonathan Stuckey July 5, 2017

Thanks for the confirmation.  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events