Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create and tear down Slack channels from within a Jira ticket (issue)

James H June 18, 2019

What would be really helpful in JSD would be if you could initiate a slack conversation with a 3rd party - Jira would create a slack channel and add the relevant participants.  Once the conversation is done (click something in Jira, or Resolve the ticket) the contents of the chat gets copied to the ticket, and then the Slack channel gets torn down (well, archived, to be accurate to how Slack works).  

This way the slack channel is only valid for the duration of the live ticket, and the customer can't initiate new conversations with you on a resolved ticket.

BTW I'm not necessarily tied to Slack, would be happy to use Teams or Intercom if they could do this.  From what I can see though, none of these chat services have a Jira add-on that is that clever.....

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2019

Hey James,

We do have an open feature request - API-65 - that more or less describes what you've laid out. I recommend watching that Jira issue to keep up with any progress we make on the suggestion. The mention you made of bringing the Slack history into Jira isn't 100% captured though - it's worth mentioning that in a comment on the Jira issue so our product managers fully understand your use-case. Great idea!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events