Create an issue from outlook generic mailbox

Samuel Hernandez October 6, 2020

Im unable to create an issue from an email when enduser used a Generic Mailbox.

If the email is sent directly from user email (john@email.com) the issue will be created, but if I use an Outlook Generic Mailbox (team@email.com) the issue will not be created.

please advise if there is an issue or something missing in the settings.

thanks, 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2020

Is the “team@email.com” listed as a customer. If you go to the email log (project settings > email requests > view logs) what error if any is provided.

Samuel Hernandez October 6, 2020

Hi Jack, 

team@email.com is a customer that use a Generic Email ID in the company, for example team@email.com is used by John, Steve, Paul, etc. ; all of then have access to the Generic Email ID, and the request will always come from team@email.com; I believed is called "Shared Mailbox" in MS Outlook.

I could not find any View Logs option in my email request page, 

I'm the Administrator for the project, but not IT Administrator for Jira Services Desk.

many thanks Jack for your support and help

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2020

I have not worked w/ Shared mailboxes but there are a number of threads out there on this. You might find this one of interest - Configure-Incoming-Mail-Handler-on-Jira-Data-Center-using-Shared 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events