Create ServiceDesk Permission

Justin Persaud January 22, 2014

Is there a way we can hide the Create ServiceDesk option from JIRA users? We are trying to restrict this option to JIRA system administrators only, but it seems that anyone with administration roles to a project can choose to create a servicedesk.

3 answers

0 votes
Matt Shelton October 3, 2014

Here are the modules that affect this that I've found so far (without trying all 167 from v1.2.7!):

• project-admin-sitemesh: This makes the page that has "the button" match the look/feel of the admin page
  • project-admin-routes: This makes the button go to a 404 page. Not optimal but it "works". smile
  • project-admin-soy: This makes the button go to an Internal Server Error. Definitely not optimal!

For my purposes, I'll keep project-admin-routes disabled until we need to convert a project. It would be great if someone "in the know" could tell us which one to disable so that we don't all have to try all 167. laugh

0 votes
Justin Hayes March 23, 2014

Which module is that exactly? There are 150 of them.

Thanks,

Justin

NeenaR June 4, 2014

Hi...

How can we restrict the access of Create ServiceDesk Request menu to jira-admin group alone?

NeenaR June 19, 2014

can anyone tell me how to restrict the access of Create ServiceDesk Request menu to jira-admin group alone?

Thanks and Regards

Neena

0 votes
Michael Ruflin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2014

Hi Justin,

Project administrators can only enable Service Desk for an existing project, not create new projects. It is currently not possible to hide this option from Project Admins though.

If you really want to hide the option away, you could probably disable the corresponding module in the plugin management, and only enable it when you actually want to create a new Service Desk.

Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events