Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Description

Jarrod Thompson December 9, 2020

I was trying to place a table inside of the description once a ticket is created. I went to the configure screen and tried to get this done 

• I would like to click create, Once the box comes up there is a table already available and we just have to enter the information instead of doing a copy and paste.

I tried to create a custom field with the information and add it but the custom field does not show. I did the "Where is my field." it says it should be there but I am not seeing anything.

Is this possible? or do I need a different product plan 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2020

Hello Jarrod,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to adding a default value to a Description field, manly when it's a table, it will only be possible using Automation. 

The description is a system field, so it's not possible to edit the default value, but the automation can edit this field once the ticket is created.

If you are using a next-gen project, it would be possible, but the editor doesn't allow to add a table. There is a feature suggesting this:

For both next-gen and classic, you can use automation, but the automation will clear the description in order to add the new value. 

So, if you don't want to use the main description (system) to add the table, you can create a custom field (Text Field (multi-line)) for a Classic project or create a new Paragraph field for Next-gen project (in this case, it will be created directly in the issue type/request type in the project).

Then, go to Project settings > Automation > Automation > Rules.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 17.26.39.png

||Heading A||Heading B||Heading C||

|Column A|Column B|Column C|

|Column D|Column E|Column F|

|Column G|Column H|Column I|

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN