Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count of entrys of LastViewed

Anonymous September 22, 2020

Hello Community,

we work very intensively with the field "LastViewed". Unfortunately we have found that the number of tickets for which this value is stored is very limited. Is there a possibility to increase the value? If so, where is that possible?

Kind Regards

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2020

Are you saying that some issues are not displaying the last viewed date when in fact you know that they were actually viewed? If so can you please provide more information and a screenshot of where this is the case? 

I try to describe it a little better. Currently I use the following filter:

assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved AND (lastViewed is EMPTY OR lastViewed <= -4h) ORDER BY Account ASC, updated DESC

I go through my tickets every day. This means that I click on them and look at them. Every single one. Because of the filter, no more tickets may be visible as long as I have looked at all my tickets once within 4 hours.

But that is not the case.

The reason is that the number of items in this LastViewed list seems to be limited, so to speak. It seems as if only the 20 to 30 last viewed tickets are filtered this way. If this value is exceeded, the timestamp in the "LastViewed" field seems to be deleted.

And my question is if I can increase the value or the count. I think I need a LastViewed-list with a lenght of abount 50 or 100 entrys.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2020

TBH, i have rarely used this field for much. I was just playing with it and could see where the field would indeed be updated as i clicked thru issues in a search and the list would continue to grow (those w/ a value in the field). I'm guessing that the system clears this field after some period of time based on a cursory look - found an issue that clearly had been viewed at one point (comments) but the last viewed was empty. I searched the docs but haven't found anything. I will continue to search for an answer and update here.

Regardless, i will be surprised if this is configurable.

I want to thank you. But don't spend any more time researching now. I'll open a ticket at Atlassian and ask the developers. They should be able to answer that ad hoc. I will post the answer here. Maybe it will help others.

Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Acho October 27, 2020

Hey, any updates with this one?

Thanks!

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

@Anonymous 

Here's the example to use

• Find issues last viewed in January 2020:
    lastViewed > "2020/01/01" and created < "2020/02/01"
  • Find issues last viewed on 15 January 2020:
    lastViewed > "2020/01/15" and created < "2020/01/16"

Thanks for the answer. The use of the field is clear to me. The problem is that the number of tickets for which the time is saved is limited. And I would like to raise this limit.

Currently I use the filter:

assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved AND (lastViewed is EMPTY OR lastViewed <= -4h) ORDER BY Account ASC, updated DESC

This filter allows me to hide tickets that I have already processed today. Even though I have already gone through all my tickets today, I see tickets in this filter. Some process at some point deletes the values in LastViewed. I have the assumption that I can only filter the last 20 of my last seen tickets this way. I want to increase the value to 50 or 100. Do you have an idea? Can it be configured or do I have to change the Jira source code?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events