Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments in Jira Service Desk are set to double space, how do i switch this off?

Jason Selby February 4, 2020

The comments section within Jira Service Desk is set to being double spaced. How do i change this ?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2020

Hello @Jason Selby  ,

There is not an option to alter the default line spacing in the editor, however to do a single line break the editor follows the industry standard for Soft Break (Shift+Enter) as a keyboard shortcut to allow dropping single spacing line breaks vs standard double line break to issue a new paragraph used when pressing enter alone for a Full Break.

If this is something you would like to see I would recomend providing this feed back on the following Feature requests that our Jira Service Desk Development teams put together to collect feedback on the new editor, one is for the externally visible customer portal and the other for the internal user view:

Regards,
Earl

Amber Demland
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 19, 2020

Hello,

I also find this annoying. I thought it used to be single spaced? I do not want to continue hitting SHIFT + ENTER.

Like # people like this
Beth Jach
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 16, 2021

This is absolutely annoying. Comments in Jira can get very, very long and having it auto double space can make them twice as long and twice as hard to sort through. Microsoft Word give the option to set up No Spacing when creating a document. That should also be on option on Jira and Confluence.

david.mockridge August 2, 2023

To vote for this annoying double-space issue to be fixed, vote here in the Jira issues:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75312 

The workaround of control + Enter reduces the spacing a little but still does not give single-spacing.

It also means you have to remember to ht Control + Enter for every single line.

You can upvote this issue at the above link to get Atlassian to fix this.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events