Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment in Mail

김광일 June 21, 2022

Notifications via email when status changes or comments are made at the Jira Service desk

I used the function to write a comment when replying from an email, but the function does not work for some time. I've never touched permissions or other special functions, so what should I check?

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

@김광일 -

Welcome to the community.  The default notification is handled by your JSM project's notification scheme.  You can access it via Project settings >> Notifications where you can see who/project role are setup to receive system notifications based on the issue events.

Please note, out of the box if you are the one making the changes then you will not be notified.  You can change it the out of box setting while accessing your account profile.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

김광일 June 21, 2022

The notification permission has never been arbitrarily changed in the project. May I know exactly which route it is?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

Out of the box, issue events will notify the current assignee, watchers, and the reporter..

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

김광일 June 21, 2022

Is it a function to reply to and comment on an email?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2022

Ok.  Please elaborate more on your statement of "it is a function" process?  So, I can further advise.

Best, Joseph

김광일 June 21, 2022

1. When the status of an issue changes at the Jira service desk, an email notification is sent.
2.There is a function to reply to the notification email.
3.When you reply, a reply should be written in the comment section, but it is not written.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

Does the notification (sent) to your user contains the issue key in the subject line? 

Best, Joseph

김광일 June 22, 2022

The issue key is not included.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

Can you tell me if the email notification is the default email from the system or it is a custom one that created by your team?

Is there a way that you can include a screenshot of the email notification?

Best, Joseph

김광일 June 22, 2022

Screenshot_20220623-144323_Outlook.jpg

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2022

Can you tell me what is the subject line value of this email?

Best, Joseph

김광일 June 23, 2022

A templated email created by the project.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2022

Can you confirm what was in the subject line of the notification?  It should contains the Issue Key (if it is the out of the box setup).

Example ....

2022-06-23_18-04-57.png

Best, Joseph

김광일 June 23, 2022

The notification title is the project name. There is no issue key.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2022

That seems very odd.  At this time, I would recommend you to submit a support request with Atlassian Support team (https://support.atlassian.com) for them to further trouble your issue on hand.

I would love to know what is their response and final solution if possible.  Please share.

Best, Joseph

김광일 June 23, 2022

이미지 4.jpg

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2022

Are you using JSM in the CLOUD or SERVER (On-prems) env?  I was assuming that you are using the Cloud env, thus I failed to ask in the beginning.

Best, Joseph

김광일 June 23, 2022

SERVER (On-prems)

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2022

Thanks for your update.  For your env, you need to check to ensure that your incoming email handler is configured properly.

Please see this link for further details - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0822/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-1142237929.html

In regards to your "Project Name" email screen shot, the project name is not the subject line of the email, it is just the sender.

2022-06-23_22-37-07.png

Best, Joseph

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2022

One more thing, please also check to ensure that the email defined in your notification scheme for your JSM project is the email address for the JSM env.

2022-06-23_22-45-34.png

If the email is not for your JSM env, then this may explain why when one reply on the default notification email, that his/her replies are not added as the comments to the issue.

Best, Joseph

김광일 June 23, 2022

Thank you for your kind reply

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2022

Let me of your outcome.  If my replies assisted you on resolving the issue (which I would very much like to know), please click on Accept Answer when you have a chance.

Good luck.

Best, Joseph

김광일 June 23, 2022

What part of the item should I check?

화면 캡처 2022-06-24 153433.png

김광일 June 24, 2022

There was a mistake in the format of the email I sent you earlier. Please check the following.

Issue key included

화면 캡처 2022-06-24 160934.jpg

김광일 June 27, 2022

please answer about my question

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2022

@김광일 -

The email looks correct.  Can you check to see in your JSM project's permission setup and let me know who can add comments to the issues? 

Lastly, the person who replied on the email - Does that person have the proper permission to update the issue (i.e. add comments?)

Best, Joseph 

김광일 June 28, 2022

If it's a permission issue, can you tell me exactly what to check?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2022

Project settings >  Permissions

Please review your permission configuration and check "Add Comments" setup.

Something like this -

2022-06-28_18-13-16.png

Again, I would recommend you also to submit a formal ask to Atlassian Support.  They may have more insights to your issues.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events