Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Comment in Mail

Notifications via email when status changes or comments are made at the Jira Service desk

I used the function to write a comment when replying from an email, but the function does not work for some time. I've never touched permissions or other special functions, so what should I check?

1 answer

1 vote

@김광일 -

Welcome to the community.  The default notification is handled by your JSM project's notification scheme.  You can access it via Project settings >> Notifications where you can see who/project role are setup to receive system notifications based on the issue events.

Please note, out of the box if you are the one making the changes then you will not be notified.  You can change it the out of box setting while accessing your account profile.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

The notification permission has never been arbitrarily changed in the project. May I know exactly which route it is?

Out of the box, issue events will notify the current assignee, watchers, and the reporter..

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Is it a function to reply to and comment on an email?

Ok.  Please elaborate more on your statement of "it is a function" process?  So, I can further advise.

Best, Joseph

1. When the status of an issue changes at the Jira service desk, an email notification is sent.
2.There is a function to reply to the notification email.
3.When you reply, a reply should be written in the comment section, but it is not written.

Does the notification (sent) to your user contains the issue key in the subject line? 

Best, Joseph

The issue key is not included.

Can you tell me if the email notification is the default email from the system or it is a custom one that created by your team?

Is there a way that you can include a screenshot of the email notification?

Best, Joseph

Can you tell me what is the subject line value of this email?

Best, Joseph

A templated email created by the project.

Can you confirm what was in the subject line of the notification?  It should contains the Issue Key (if it is the out of the box setup).

Example ....

2022-06-23_18-04-57.png

Best, Joseph

The notification title is the project name. There is no issue key.

That seems very odd.  At this time, I would recommend you to submit a support request with Atlassian Support team (https://support.atlassian.com) for them to further trouble your issue on hand.

I would love to know what is their response and final solution if possible.  Please share.

Best, Joseph

Are you using JSM in the CLOUD or SERVER (On-prems) env?  I was assuming that you are using the Cloud env, thus I failed to ask in the beginning.

Best, Joseph

SERVER (On-prems)

Thanks for your update.  For your env, you need to check to ensure that your incoming email handler is configured properly.

Please see this link for further details - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0822/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-1142237929.html

In regards to your "Project Name" email screen shot, the project name is not the subject line of the email, it is just the sender.

2022-06-23_22-37-07.png

Best, Joseph

One more thing, please also check to ensure that the email defined in your notification scheme for your JSM project is the email address for the JSM env.

2022-06-23_22-45-34.png

If the email is not for your JSM env, then this may explain why when one reply on the default notification email, that his/her replies are not added as the comments to the issue.

Best, Joseph

Thank you for your kind reply

Let me of your outcome.  If my replies assisted you on resolving the issue (which I would very much like to know), please click on Accept Answer when you have a chance.

Good luck.

Best, Joseph

What part of the item should I check?

화면 캡처 2022-06-24 153433.png

There was a mistake in the format of the email I sent you earlier. Please check the following.

Issue key included

화면 캡처 2022-06-24 160934.jpg

please answer about my question

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

286 views 0 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you