Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment field is not showing in transition screen

Rebecca C December 19, 2022

I have a transition with a screen assigned (has a couple fields in it).  The sceen pops up just fine but it has no comment field as part of it.  I thought you did not have to add a comment field to a transition screen.  Anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

I did confirm the test account is able to add comments.

Another interesting thing that I just noted is that the main jira screen also does not have an option for me to add a comment.  This is what made me check the permissions.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rebecca C December 19, 2022

It looks like our instance was having severe issues & had multiple errors.  Once IT fixed it all was working.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vamsi Kandala
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2022

Hi @Rebecca C

You should have 'Add Comments' permissions in the related project in order to view the Comments field in the transition screen or in the ticket.

If you do have the related permissions, please check the 'Properties' for the transition link where the transition screen was mentioned.  There might be additional permissions/ settings that is preventing some or specific users to add comments.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vamsi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events