Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment as assignee automatically

Himanshu Nanda February 21, 2021

As soon my ticket gets assigned, I need to add a custom public comment/mail to my customer/reporter - by the assignee, acknowledging the ticket.

I've tried using automation for jira, but it only has the option to add comment as the rule actor - which would be fixed. I need the actor to be the assignee for the respective ticket.

Is there a way to do this? If not using automation for jira, then maybe scriptrunner? OR any other plugin/post function?

2 answers

0 votes
Leo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

Hi @Himanshu Nanda,

I used below script in software project. but didn't give a shot on jsm so far. this may give you some idea to get started

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.CommentManager

CommentManager commentManager = ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager()
def reporter = issue.getReporter().displayName
def assignee = issue?.getAssignee()

commentManager.create(issue, assignee,"Hello $reporter, this is test comment as assignee", false)

NOTE: This is a scriptrunner's post-function script

BR,

Leo

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

Hi @Himanshu Nanda  - I can't imagine the system will let you post a comment in the name of someone else. That seems like it would violate some security ideas. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events