Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Main ticket when linked tickets are closed

Gene Pengson July 26, 2024

Hi All

Im just wondering coz i want to create an automation for my main ticket that will automatically close after 2 weeks of last comment date and all linked issue is on close or completed status.

thanks

Gene

3 answers

0 votes
Gene Pengson August 1, 2024

i have this automation for testing set up to comment on ticket if the last comment data is >=14 days or remind them if >=7 days and if the linkedissues are all in close or completed status

Image 2024-08-01 at 3.26.02 PM.jpeg

However whats happening is i have the ticket that has a last commend day more that 14 days and its getting both comment. 

Need some advice please on this 

thanks in advance

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Hi Gene - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, you should be able to do that. Give it a try and then post your rule back here if you need assistance. 

hi @John Funk thanks for this im kinda stuck on the actual automation thats why im looking for some suggestions :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Have you created anything at all? Can you share that? 

hi @John Funk here is what i have at the moment i think im only missing the link issue part Rule builder - Automation - IT Service Desk - Jira 2024-07-26 at 3.49.06 p.m..jpg

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2024

You need to add a Branch for Linked issue, and then put a condition under that to check that all of the issues are completed. 

Like Gene Pengson likes this
Gene Pengson July 29, 2024

hi @John Funk thanks for the advice ill do this. Just want to ask so basically what i want is if the last comment is 7 days its gonna remind the assignee then it will check account if the last comment was 14 days or more then ticket will be close

hi @Nicolas Grossi thanks for this but i think im looking for the revers of what is asking in the thread. i think their automation is to close all link issues when main ticket is close. 

Im trying to figure out the automation for the other way.

thanks for this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events