Client makes comment and it creates a new ticket

Katherine Stevens December 14, 2020

I've had a few clients create tickets.  When they post a comment to the ticket, Jira spawns a whole new ticket.  Jira does link the tickets together, but I don't want a new ticket.

I've asked the clients what they are doing.  One gave me screen shots where she went into service desk and selected the correct ticket and made a comment.  Again, it spawned a whole new ticket.

How can I stop this?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Katherine Stevens December 15, 2020

There are no automation rules, global or project.

How do I open a ticket with Atlassian?

Thank you both!

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020
0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

Katherine,

I'd raise this as an issue with Atlassian support as this does not sound like expected behavior. The only other thing I could thing of is that you possibly have some sort of automation set up which is creating a new ticket where a customer comments.

Thanks,

Kian

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2020

I definitely would check automations closely and rule out ahead of contacting support. Be sure to check project and Global rules. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events