Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chaning status changes

akunnari October 30, 2020

Hello,

I am building a workflow for my interface. This means that each status needs to be able to jump to each other status, since such transitions are not restricted beyond Jira in our house own ERP-System.

I could have just made every status accessible from every status, which might be the better solution now that I am writing it down... But nontheless I did not do that.

My solution for this problem is at this moment a "transition" status which lies between the other statuses. So every status can jump into the "transition" status and then jump from there to anything else (Except "open").

Our customers have the possibility to trigger transitions from the customer portal, when they give feedback to their software-tests.

I don't really want to add a transition to my workflow which would allow the customer to just transfer from the status "in testing" to "test successfull". Rather I'd like for the customer to see the words "Test successfull" and "Test unsuccessfull" which would trigger the transition "In testingt" --> "transition" --> "Test un-/successfull".

Is there a way to add a followup function to a transition, which triggers a second transition?

In Automation I am only able to set the When status of "on status change" which doesn't help me here, since I only want this to happen on a certain status.

I also have JSU Automation Suite for Jira Workflows - Server Version but it diens't seem to help here either, since the only follow-up function which seems to have an effect is the "Follow up transition (JSU)" but its condition is the user triggering the transition and thats not really an option for me, since I can't define which one of the mutiple possible transitions from the "transition" status is to be triggered after the transition...

I know I can just rethink my workflow in general, which is propably what I am going to do anyways after writing this thing down, but I'd still be interested in a possibility of triggering a status change after a certain different statuschange to a certain status.

If anyone has any ideas I#d love to hear them ! :)

1 answer

0 votes
akunnari October 30, 2020

So I created a new workflow, setting all the status to be accessible from everywhere. Now this brings up the problem, that I am not able to define a specific transition between "In testing" and "Test Un-/successfull" which can be seen in the customer portal, since "there is already a transition between thes staus'"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events