Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the issue type in the service desk takes me to the bulk migration tool

Milan August 12, 2020

Hi, 

I'm using the Jira Service Desk in a next-gen environment, and I have a very minor annoyance but that is costing me minutes per day, so I figured I'd at least try my luck here. When I try to change the issue type of a service desk issue, it takes me to the bulk migration tool every time, except when moving from to one specific issue type to another specific issue type. Is there anything I can do to stop this behavior and have it go through automatically? The bulk migration tool is so slow and bloated.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

The (bulk) migration is triggered because the issue types you are changing between have different configuration and hence it needs you to review all the structural things you are going to be affecting.  The migration is "bloated" because you are doing something that is complex and could need a lot of input.

To avoid this behaviour, configure the issue types such that they work the same, so you don't need to migrate.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events