Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Request Type

Mia Grandin April 12, 2022

I work to improve the possibility in measuring the SLA for our customers in Jira Service Management. To be able to do that I need to have all cases registered on the correct Request Type.

I have to be able to change the Request Type from Emailed request to Incident or Service Request. When I try to change the type I have to migrate the case that requires some extra administration steps. We need it to be easier to change the request type, just a dropdown change without migration steps.

All our requests will use the same template so that wont cause a problem. I guess I´m not the only one that have to change the type for the customer support – so probably there I a way to solve it 😊.

It is not an option to migrate the case with 4 extra steps since it takes to much time for our helpdesk.

If it is not possible to change the type in a easy way – how do you suggest us to separate the categories to be correct in the SLA measuring?

1 answer

1 vote
Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2022

I don't use SLA's but I have played with them.

Part of the reason this is difficult is because Atlassian does not have an automated way to move tickets. It can be done with 3rd part software but can easily break the entire project, so I do not recommend it.

There are things you can do however.

If you are set on the way things are you can make an automation that will clone the ticket into a new issue type and close the original.

Another option is to base SLA's on request type instead of issue type then create the appropriate request types under the issue type (did I get lost writing that?).

You could also train your users to submit tickets to the appropriate request types to keep the helpdesk from needing to change it. I know they will still need to change emailed requests but it might cut down on the number they have to deal with.

Deleted user April 12, 2022

Thanks for the tip @Chris Thomas 😌 - the clone stuff crossed my mind, but maybe it's actually one of the better solutions! 😊

And regarding users sending in the correct Request Type... well... how much you try it usually still end up in the wrong place!😅

Mia Grandin April 13, 2022

Thank you for your feedback  @Chris Thomas 😊.

Regarding  can be done with 3rd part software but can easily break the entire project, so I do not recommend it . What 3rd part software and how does it brake the project? I think I want to look in to it. We can’t educate our customer in this case and to clone the ticket is one more step in the flow that we want to avoid.

Regards

Mia G

Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2022

I have seen people talking about ScriptRunner able to move an issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events