Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Jira time to 24 hours format

Madhu Reddy February 7, 2022

Hello Team,

We have a few queries related to the Jira time stamp. Please help us with the below..

1. We would like to change the jira time stamp to 24 hours format instead of seeing AM/PM.
  2. Also we want to show DATE & TIME stamp (DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM)  in the ticket activity instead of 2 days ago, few hours ago. 

Please help us to achieve the above 2 points.

Thanks & Regards

Madhu

4 comments

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2022

Hi @Madhu Reddy ,

We use those format

Date&Time.png

Hope it helps!

Carmen

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2022

@Madhu Reddy -

As per Atlassian Team:

In order to change the date format in Jira Cloud, you can go to Cog icon > System > Look and feel, which is mentioned in the documentation you shared.

Also, on Cog icon > System > General configuration > Advanced settings, you can change the format of the date picker.

As in regards to display absolute date/time value instead of the default relative format, it is still not available for CLOUD env.  There is a workaround for Data Center however.  I would recommend that you add yourself as an watcher of this existing request - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-41506

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Eric Dagenais April 4, 2022

Changing date/time settings in Advanced settings has no effect on any displayed date or date/time picker fields.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

@Eric Dagenais -

Did you also change the Looks and Feels section too?

2022-04-04_8-30-20.png

Hope this helps.

NOTE - As in regards to display absolute date/time value instead of the default relative format, it is still not available for CLOUD env.  There is a workaround for Data Center however.  I would recommend that you add yourself as an watcher of this existing request - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-41506

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Eric Dagenais April 4, 2022

Thanks, this did help with filters and queue display.

Still, the log work pop-up shows AM/PM but at least, once entered there, the log displays it correctly.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2022

@Eric Dagenais 

"Log Work" is a part of Time Tracking implementation in Jira/JSM.  I would recommend you to submit a formal support request with Atlassian Support Team with your ask.  Let's see what they have to say about it.

Best, Joseph

Ignas Selvestravičius February 2, 2023

(for cloud) I just figured it out. Time format is not in a global setting but personal. Go to Personal settings (or straight to this link), choose profile settings page and then set the Language to English UK and choose your time zone. Not possible to do company wide, every user should set it up themselves

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Like # people like this
Christian Palm June 1, 2023

And: Good to see it's possible to use the English language setting (because field translations / original field values are best for me there) together with that great non-US 24 hr time format.

Just choose: English (UK).

Kim Halavakoski June 5, 2023

Hello!
Anybody got any tips for how to get 24h format in the Jira Worklog timepicker?
Is this not configurable at all and has to be done by Atlassian?
No matter what I configure in the datepicker format the time tracking still shows am/pm and US format :( Not very good...

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 16.04.01.pngScreenshot 2023-06-05 at 16.04.21.pngScreenshot 2023-06-05 at 16.04.41.png

Like # people like this
Ali Malik Gürbüz July 12, 2023

Hello,
Log Work 's AM/PM is also the thing I Want to change.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events