Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change status after every customer reply

Gui Ávila December 7, 2020

Hi,

As far as I know, the default JSM workflow automatically works this way: when the customer makes a new comment, the status changes to satus "Waiting for support", something like that.

I don't know what cause the problem, but now this behaviour is not happening anymore. Customers add new comments, and the status does not change.

Please, how can I fix that? I think I could use automations as a workaround, but this used to work out of the box, no automations required.

Thanks,

Gui.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

is the status in "Waiting for customer" at the time the customer makes the comment? Please check your automations because this is where the transition on comment will occur. Check both New and Legacy areas.

Not sure I understand what you said @Jack Brickey .

Customers can reply anytime they want, no matter in which status.

Thanks!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

True but you don't, I think, want an issue to transition to waiting for support anytime a customer comments. Generally the workflow is like this...

1. issue is in Waiting for support and agent needs more info from customer
  2. agent responds to customer and causes a transition to Waiting for customer
  3. customer comments back which results (thru Automation) in a transition back to Waiting for support

So, for example, let's say the status is  something like Pending and a customer comments on the issue "Hey what is the latest". In this case you wouldn't want it to go back to Waiting for support.

With that said, what are your requirements? Have you checked your Automations? If so what did you find?

@Jack Brickey Thanks a lot.

I thought that did not work with automations, that was something related to post functions or similar. I might be wrong, but when I created the project already worked the way you described, and there was no automation set.

But if the way to go is via automations, all right. I will do that.

Thanks!

Gui Ávila December 10, 2020

@Jack Brickey Again some questions about this.

The step #2 of your answer ("agent responds to customer and causes a transition to Waiting for customer") requires automation? Or is something that already works with the default workflow and transitions when the project was created?

Gui Ávila December 11, 2020
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2020

any action (transition) based upon a comment cannot be associated w/in the workflow. This can only be done by some form of "listener" which is what an Automation trigger is. It listens for a comment on an issue and if it heard it triggers which leads to the Conditions and ultimately the action. So, in short a transition on comment is done by Automation.

Like Gui Ávila likes this
Gui Ávila December 12, 2020

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events