Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change log - sort issues by organization filter/seacrh

Deleted user May 10, 2019

I want to create a search filter in jira service desk to show all requests sorted by organization not a queue. Is there a query that you know of?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2019

@[deleted] There is a System field "Organizations" that can be used for searching requests belonging to particular organization/s using JQL filters, but unfortunately this field does not support sorting.

Please see the documentation on this System field here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-fields-reference-764478339.html#Advancedsearching-fieldsreference-organizationOrganization

Deleted user May 13, 2019

Thanks!

Trev March 2, 2020

@Taranjeet Singh  - please can you confirm if you are planning to add the capability to search my 'Organization' field?

Like # people like this
james_bailey May 4, 2020

We have added organizations column to the service desk due hoping to filter by organization. This does not work. We need a A-Z on it. Is it possible?

Like # people like this
Darrin Kinney September 16, 2020

I need this enhancement

Like # people like this
Jane Conners October 29, 2020

PLEASE add order by organizations to service desk -- ridiculous this is not a default sorting option.

Like # people like this
Pascal Dognaux December 10, 2020

I found some old feature requests from 2016 about sorting on Organisations. This seems to be an impossible task for Atlassian ... I don't believe it is that hard

Like # people like this
0 votes
AMP Admin March 12, 2021

I was able to do this by creating a new queue which I named with that organization and then by putting this in the filter query: Organization = "organization name".

If organization name is only 1 word then the quotation marks are not required.

Worked very well. It won't however retroactively work, but all new tickets from that organizations show up in this queue.

I hope this helps.

Michael Golden February 13, 2023

Has anyone found out if it is possible to Sort by Organisation? 

0 votes
mxstudio January 7, 2021

Why it's not sort?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events