Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change display of Created/Updated from "Yesterday" to dd/MMM/yyyy format

Karin Biedermann May 23, 2023

Hi guys

I've got a question regarding the displayed dates (created/updated) of a Jira issue in Jira Service Management. 

In Jira Service Management Issues that are not older than one week do not show the exact date but rather "Yesterday", "A week ago", while issues older than one week do show the date (displayed as set in "Advanced Settings"). 

In Jira Software we do have the exact same settings but here dates are always displayed using dd/MMM/yyyy. 

I only found this article Configuring the look and feel of your Jira applications | Administering Jira applications Data Center and Server 9.4 | Atlassian Documentation that gives information about look and feel and states that - (quote)
Issue date/time fields show a relative instead of absolute date/time format. For example, "Yesterday" would appear instead of "20 May 2013 12:00 PM". You can still see the absolute date/time by hovering over the field. The date/time format reverts to absolute after a week.

But as this is not true for Jira Software I am confused. 

1 answer

1 vote
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Karin Biedermann welcome to the community.  I say this JIRA issue that was fixed awhile back for JIRA: JRASERVER-41506 to allow Absolute Dates.  Is it possible this is being used on your system?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events