Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default priority but not hide field

Deleted user January 31, 2018

Hi all

In our Service Desk Project default priority is set to Essential as you can see in the picture. Now we would like to change the suggested priority to Minor.

Priority options.jpg

As I have read in several answers here, you can set the default to a specified value if you hide the field. But that's not what we want to do. The user should still be able to choose the priority in the customer portal. So hiding the field is not an option.

Is there a way to solve this? Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2018

Hi Fabian,

Actually, you will need to define the default value for a field in JIRA if you would like to hide the field AND it is a required field. If you would like to have a default value for the field and also show the field, then you can do so with no restriction at all. You can quickly test this one our in your test instance and verify if it is behaving as you want.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,
Moga

Deleted user February 15, 2018

Thanks for your answer Moga

I didn't realize the new possibilities with priority schemas per project. With that you can set the default priority. So problem is solved for me.

Moga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2018

Alright! Glad to know that I can help! :)

0 votes
Jennifer Choban
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 2, 2022

I'm not finding where I can set a priority scheme in Jira Cloud. Does it exist? Or do we have to have the same default priority across all of our projects?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events