Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Issue Type of Request Type

Youri Seichter October 15, 2020

On Jira Cloud, in the Service desk, I have a Request Type called "Bug" that links to the Issue Type "Bug". I want to change the Issue Type to something else like "Issue".

How can I do that?

Here you see how it's showing me that it's linked to "Bug". It's telling me how to add or edit the linked issue fields, but not how to change the liked issue itself.

p1.png

Here, you see that during creation of a Request Type, it's asking me which Issue Type it shall use. This is what I would like to change afterwards.

p2.png

Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2020

Hi @Youri Seichter

I don't think this is possible. You need to create a new request type and associate it with the new issue type.

Youri Seichter November 10, 2020

Hi @Hana Kučerová

thank you very much for your reply! I also guessed so, but I just didn't want to accept it :D.

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Petr A December 3, 2020

@Hana Kučerová Hi,
This was possible a couple of months ago when request type management was different.
Now as I understand it is not available

Like # people like this
2 votes
Rafa February 19, 2024

2024 answer: It is possible

under project settings > request types, on the three dots `...`

on the request type you want to change, choose (workflow) `replace with exisitng`, 

and then you have the option to also change the issue type that is available under the chosen workflow.

Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2024

Thanks @Rafa , I can confirm your answer is correct. Thanks for replying, I should have circled back earlier. 

Hope you're having a great day, 

Jehan Gonsalkorale

Product Manager, Jira Service Management

0 votes
Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2021

Hi all, 

Thanks for your feedback here. I'm a product manager from Jira Service Management looking to understand this need a bit better. If you are able to complete this survey it would really help us understand how we might be able to solve this problem for you. 

If you are able to spend 5-10 minutes completing this, it would really help us. 

Click here to open the survey.

Kind regards,

Jehan

Serhat Demirkol March 25, 2022

I don't understand why such a feature is not available anymore. Instead of just editing a request type and associating it with a different issue type, I need to delete and create the same request type. :confused

Like # people like this
Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
March 28, 2022

Thanks @Serhat Demirkol , I understand your sentiments, it definitely should be a feature. We are working on this right now and hope for this to go out in about six months from now. Apologies for the delay, it is a substantial piece of work but is also our highest priority. 

Any questions or concerns, please reach out. 

Best regards,

Jehan

Like # people like this
Basel Orfali June 16, 2022

I think this is related to this request https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-349

Like Jehan Gonsalkorale likes this
Michael Hart July 16, 2022

@Jehan GonsalkoraleHappen to have an update of when this change will take place? I saw that you mention it's a lot of work to get this done, just wondering how much longer I should be waiting for this change.

Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2022

Hi @Michael Hart ,

Sorry for the very late response, i didn't see a notification for this. 

We have an early access program for this feature, please sign up here to get it enabled on your instance.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Early-access-program-to-exclusive-new-Jira-Service-Management/ba-p/2131540

We are aiming for end of year for the full release of this feature. That doesn't mean that the early access feature doesn't work, it just may have some experience kinks that prevent us from releasing it to all of our customers. 

Please sign up, we'd love to hear from you and get your thoughts once you get access. 

Best,

Jehan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events