Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories & Sub-categories under jira portal

Rinat Balot March 31, 2021

Hi

I would like to create a Category under the Group I create in my Portal.

I have one button for Website and One for Helpdesk

under Website, I want to have Bugs ----> and then sub-category of list of options.

I know how to create the Website, Bugs but from the Bug option I don't know how to proceed in adding more options.

For example:

Website

Bug 

Bug On Component 1

Bug on Component 2

Bug on Component 3

Feature Request

Upgrade Version

Change Maintenance rule

Thank you 

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Simmons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2021

Angélica,

This will never happen, so I would suggest not holding your breath. Basic things like this (which was requested 5 years ago) never happen. 

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2021

Hello @Rinat Balot,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Management, currently, it’s only possible to organize the request types in Groups. I understand that you would like to add a sub-group to better organize the request types, but there is no option for that at the moment.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of such ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

In this case, the workaround is to add a group for Website - Bugs and another one for Website - Feature requests. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Rinat Balot April 4, 2021

@Angélica Luz Thank you but i know how to create the Website and Feature request groups, it's the sub and sub sub groups that i can't.

I found a work around for now that is to set up under each of them fields called: CASCADING LIST FIELD which really helps with what i am facing.

Thank you anyway for the help

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events