cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture UI Events

Anderson da Silva
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 24, 2020

How do we listen to certain action in the UI like when a certain button is clicked, or when someone types into a text box. Is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2020

Hello @Anderson da Silva

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please let us know why do you need to capture the UI events of your Jira Cloud application? More specifically:

1. Are you facing any errors that you would like to troubleshoot?
  2. Are you looking for a way to audit your application events?
  3. Or are you needing to trigger other actions with a listener?

If you are want to only access those logs, I'm afraid the full detailed logs of Jira Cloud application are not accessible to the site admins, but only to the Atlassian Support team. The best you can get to audit some of the actions in your site would be by using the Audit log, however, this feature only captures a few limited changes applied in your site.

We have a feature request created to allow access to the complete logs for Cloud Admins:

Provide the ability for Cloud Admins to access application logs

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

If you are looking for a way to trigger other applications/actions with automation, you can refer to the Jira Automation functionality. You can use this feature to trigger automation rules when a specific action is performed.

Now, if you are having a problem that you would like to troubleshoot, please let us know so we can further investigate the issue.

Best Regards,
Petter.

Anderson da Silva
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 26, 2020

Hi Petter, actually I wanted to do it on jira server. Indeed I want option 3, trigger some actions when a certain event occurs (button clicks, etc)

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2020

Hello @Anderson da Silva

Thank you for the details.

You can choose one of the options below to properly trigger actions upon events in your Jira server application:

1. Use a third-party app from the Atlassian Marketplace to create a script/automation. Here are some options:
    Scriptrunner for Jira Server 
    Power Scripts 
    Automation for Jira - This one provides a free version (limited) and does not need scripting knowledge
  2. If you're experienced with scripting/development, you can develop your own app to achieve what you need:
    Getting started - Jira Server Development

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events