Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see attachments in service desk

Timo Ketola July 2, 2020

I've done this (set the renderer to wiki style), but still facing similar issue. However my problem seems to apply to only images files (I have tried with png and jpg) as e.g. text file attachments are shown properly. The issue is the same whether customer adds the file or service desk adds the file.

With images the text is displayed: !image.png!

But with e.g. Word documents, there is the link to file which is downloadable also for customer.

Service Desk Agent can access and see the files correctly. Thus, the problem is only on customer portal side.

I am having JIRA v8.7.1 and JIRA Service Desk 4.7.1

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2020

@Timo Ketola - I created a test issue in a service desk portal (in Jira 8.10 / Jira Service Desk 4.10.0).

As a customer (from the customer portal), I attached a TXT file, and then I attached a JPG image:

• The text file appeared as a hyperlink. Clicking on it showed the text file contents in the current browser tab.
  • The JPG file appears on the portal. Clicking on it zooms in on the image, using JSD's attachment preview function.

Are you still running into the issue?

FYI, I glanced over the release notes for JSD 4.8, 4.9, and 4.10 and none have fixes/updates to how attachments are handled on the customer portal side...

Timo Ketola August 20, 2020

Hi, I am still facing the same issue. I raised a request to our system admin to get the version updated if that helps. However as you point out, there seems to be no updates in this area based on release notes.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2020

@Timo Ketola - this might be a stretch, but have you tried adjusting Jira's "Internet Explorer MIME Sniffing Security Hole Workaround Policy" setting as detailed here?

Internet Explorer isn't supported by Atlassian anymore anyway. :)

Timo Ketola August 20, 2020

Hi,

I tried changing Internet Explorer MIME Sniffing Security Hole Workaround Policy setting to Work around Internet Explorer security hole

And now it seems that images are displayed correctly.

Thanks!

Like Dave Liao likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events