Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot remove field from Request Type

Asher Francis August 28, 2020

Hi there

I have set up a Request Type called "Email Request" linked to an Issue Type called "Email Request", which are specifically used for requests logged via email.

When I am setting up the Request Type, there are two custom fields called "Region" and "Issue Category" which Jira is telling me I cannot remove because they are required by the Issue Type.

However, the Screen associated with this Issue Type does not contain the field "Region" or "Issue Category".

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Asher

Email request type cannot remove fields.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2020

Hi Asher, just because they are on the screen doesn’t mean they are required. Optional field exist on the screen too. Rather, check the associated field configuration scheme. here you should be able to see (and change) that they are set to required. Note however, that changing to optional would ‘break’ other scenarios that use this scheme. If it is a shared scheme it would be best to have a different scheme for this RT.

Thanks Jack. So I will need to create a new field configuration where "Region" is not required, then associate that field configuration with the issue type?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2020

Yes, unless you really don’t need the field to be mandatory for any other scenarios using the current field configuration scheme. I can’t say for sure as I can’t dive into your instance but it might be easiest to use a different Issuetype for your email. One that does not have the current mandatory field requirements.

Thanks Jack. Creating a new field configuration for the issue type and setting the field to optional worked great!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events