Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot disable EDITING of Request Type

Paul Wilkinson July 19, 2021

How can I disable editing da Request Type field?

I removed it from the Edit screen but, unlike other fields I removed, it can still be Edited.

2 answers

0 votes
Paul Wilkinson December 5, 2023

I contacted Atlassian and, after quite a bit of testing, they confirmed that it is not possible to remove the editing of the Request Type.

The only solution is to remove the whole panel with a script in the announcement banner.

We did this and managed the editing of the Request Type with a transition screen.

Paul

0 votes
Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

Check the permission schema on that particular project - let just the "Browse Permission" for who you DON'T want to edit tickets.

Paul Wilkinson July 21, 2021

I cannot remove the users from EDIT because they must be able to EDIT other fields.

I cannot understand why EDITING of this field is possible although it is not present in the Editable fields of this IssueType.

Paul Wilkinson July 21, 2021

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 11.36.51.png

Patrick Eves December 5, 2023

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I am also trying to figure out how to force the Request Type field to be read-only.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events