Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create a linked issue from Jira Service Management (Cloud) to Jira v8.0.2

Hideyuki Chino December 24, 2020

We have established Application Link between Jira Service Management (Cloud/free plan)
and Jira v8.0.2 successfully following this article.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver/linking-issues-939937913.html

But we cannot see the projects on Jira v8.0.2 and cannot create linked issues to it from the Jira Service Management (Cloud).
I would like to know if there is any limitation for the combination of the Jira instances.
Or I would like to know the points to be checked to realize the Jira integration.

Regards,

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2020

@Hideyuki Chino -

Please make sure that your users (JSM Agents) also have access/permission to the Jira projects hosted in your Jira instance hosted via Server or DC mode.  In your Jira projects, one will need the "Link Issues" permission.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hideyuki Chino January 6, 2021

Hi Joseph,

Thank you very much for your advice.
But I have got confirmation from Atlassian's support, that we cannot create linked issues beyond the sites unfortunately.

Also, I have found this ticket.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-62177?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=1ae96d17-bc20-4d1c-9219-3d3bd002fa0a

Regards,

Chino

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

Hi Hideyuki:

Sorry I forgot to mention that we on not using CLOUD for our env.  Both of our Jira/JSM are hosted in Data Center on prems.  Where JSM is hosted on top the same Jira DC.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events