Cannot add 'customers' ... Says invalid email

James Dean June 8, 2020

I'm trying to upload my end users so they can submit tickets. I exported my list from O365, pasted and edit as needed in Notepad++, then copy and past into Add Customers. some add some do not.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dean June 10, 2020

I got in touch with support and found I just needed to remove those users from the Atlassian users since they were not assigned any areas. 

0 votes
mukul June 22, 2021

When you try to add an email id in `JIRA Service Desk` Organizations that is in a deactivated state in JIRA Software, there is an issue.

The *solution* is to activate that user account in JIRA Software first and then add the email to the JSD organization. It will work. Then you can deactivate back the email id in the Jira Software account.

mukul June 22, 2021

The above won't work. The user will disappear from JSD Org as soon as deactivated back in JIRA Software.

Fadi Hawli September 30, 2021

thank you @mukul  this solved our problem 

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2020

Hello @James Dean

Sorry to see you are facing problems to add some customers to your service desk project.

In order to properly troubleshoot it, please check the information below:

1. Add the users that you are not being able to add on a separate list. Then, check under User management > Users if the user is not created but deactivated (No site access) in your site.
  2. Can you confirm if any of the users that are not being added as a customer were added as a user in your site before?
  3. Can you confirm if you are able to add them one by one?
  4. Are there any other errors displayed in the development tools of the browser when reproducing the problem?
  5. Are there any special characters (_, !,-, etc) or uppercase letters in the e-mails that are not being added?

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events