Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you create a next gen project in the free version of jira service desk cloud?

James Styles August 7, 2020

Hello,

I can't seem to be able to figure out how to create a Next-Gen project while using the Jira Service Desk Free edition.  I'm planning to expand this to my company, but wanted to get it set up and tested first.  Is this possible to create Next-Gen in the free edition?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

Hi @James Styles 

You can activate it - it's still classed as "early access" at this point but it's open to everyone as far as I know:

1. Go to https://<your instance name>.atlassian.net/jsd-next-gen
  2. Down the bottom, toggle "Enable Next-Gen Projects" to ON

^ You can create a project straight away, or the templates will now be available for Next-Gen Service Desk via: Create Project > Try Next-Gen > Change Template > Service Desk.

Ste

James Styles August 7, 2020
Hossein January 6, 2022

Although I am the owner / admin when I try to go the link you provided I get the following message, when I click on the "Evaluate Jira Service Management free for 7 days" it goes into create a completely new Atlassian account for me.

2022-01-06_15-41-27.jpg

Hossein January 6, 2022

After searching more I figured it out:

• NextGen projects are now called "Team Managed", Classic are now "Company Managed".
  • The option to choose between these types comes After a template is selected, rather than when clicking the Create Project button.
Like James Styles likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events