cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you assign a ticket to a queue?

Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Hey Guys,

I'm new to Jira Service Desk.

Can you assign tickets to different queues within the same project? Can you show queue 'Team A' and queue 'Team B'. 

I'm wanting to transfer tickets from Team A if they can't resolve it to Team B

Atm I can see that you can create different queues and use filters so that only certain tickets are visible in the queue but they are not transferrable from one queue to the other from the same project.

3 comments

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

Queues are simply queries of issues so you can easily have issues appear in multiple queues or, thru some field condition have it move between queues. For example, you might have it appear in the “team A” queue if it is assigned to a member of a group called team-A and then by reassigning to a member in the team-b group then it appears in the “team-b” queue.

Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Hey Jack,

Thanks for that.

I created a group  and added 2 agents to it. I'm having trouble adding that group to the 'Filter by' area in the queue.

What is it listed under? I tried groups and the name of the group I created but no luck

Per Löfgren
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

use "membersOf" for your queues instead of group. 

assignee in membersOf("group_name")
Harry Bob
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

Thanks Per

That worked :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events