Can we display an issue's labels on the portal?

Stuart Ross March 20, 2020

From the help desk the labels associated with the issue are on the right. Is it possible to display these labels on the issue view from the portal?

I've tried adjusting the issue view from the project settings but I think that label field is an actual field rather than the tags I'm talking about..

labels.PNG

2 answers

0 votes

I realize I may have not put enough details in the question.

I specifically wanted to display the labels on the right kinda like it does on the help desk side. However I see now its not possible. So I've been trying to add a custom field for them as well just so the customer can see them. 

Here is my issue tho, I dont want the customer to be able to edit these labels. I would prefer if only agents could add to this field but I heard its an all or nothing thing so i would rather set the labels field to read only and keep it empty then enter values through the workflow or something.

Is there any resources or solutions for this? I've been ready about how the field must be in the view only screen but I dont see these create,edit and view screens.

Jerel Crosland October 7, 2020

Conceptually what you want are read-only fields on the Customer Request screens on the portal, and like many common-sense things on the Service Desk, you can't do it without buying an add-on. There are multiple requests her for this feature to be added, but feature requests are ignored here for MANY years, especially when it's addressed with an add-on that earns steady revenue over time. If you need this feature, you will need to buy an add-on.

You mention the create/edit and view screens, but these are back-end "agent" screens that are never seen by the customer, so will not address your needs. Best practices recommends you only have one screen on the back end, but the flexibility is there to have three separate ones: Create, Edit, and View. You just have to remember to keep them all in sync, depending on your usage.

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2020

Hi @Stuart Ross 

You should be able to with the following steps:

1. Go to project settings/ request type page.
  2. Select Request form and click Add field.
  3. Add the Labels field here.
  4. If you go back to the issue view section, you should now see the labels field listed on it as well.

See images below for results:

Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 10.34.25.png

Portal View

Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 10.34.42.png

Project View.

Let me know if you need any specific clarifications.

Heya, unfortunately its not what I was getting at, I added a comment to further clarify if you are still keen to assist

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events