Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we customize the menu bar?

Stephan Krause April 5, 2021

Hello all,

Is it possible to change the menu bar and more specifically, can we change the label and color of the "Create" button?

Thank you for your help.Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 13.24.42.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2021

Hello @Stephan Krause,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Cloud, it’s possible to change the colors of the menu bar and the icons, but it’s not possible to change the name of the menus or the Create button.

Please, go to Cog icon > System > Look and feel to customize the colors and icons from Jira. For more information, please check the documentation below:

Kind regards,
Angélica

Stephan Krause April 6, 2021

Thank you Angélica, that is exactly what we were looking for.

If you don't mind answering another question, it will be helpful as I found it once before and unable to find again.

We are looking to simply the ticket submission window and for the life of me can not recall where I found it.

Here is a screen shot to give you a visual. We see the Configure fields drop down and our question to you is, how to create or change the titles?

image.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2021

Hi Stephan,

The Configure fields option can’t be changed or removed. The configuration is based on what users select, it’s not a global configuration. 

In case a user selects to see all fields, every time they click to create a ticket on a specific project and issue type, all fields will appear on the create screen.

There is a feature request suggesting to add this ability:

Like Kalos Bonasia likes this
Karin Biedermann February 16, 2023

Hi all

I have a question related to this one. 

As far as I understod from Angélicas answer it is not possible to change e.g. the name of the menus in the navigation bar. 
When we upgraded to 9.4.2 (DC) I realised that different people do see different menus in the navigation bar. A "normal user" had Tests displayed which I could not see. On the other had, I saw the Assets drop down which was not displayed for him. 

How is this configured? And how could I influence it? 

thanks for helping me out

Karin

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders