Can the demo service desk be converted to a production project?

Darren Gonzalez September 4, 2020

We configured the demo service desk, but it seems that we need to actually create a new service desk because the portal still has references to the demo aspect I can't remove.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2020

Hi Darren,

Which references? I remember some dummy tickets to help explain how the service desk works. You can resolve these or even delete them if you like.

The rest of the configuration should allow you to change to suit your needs. Are you using a classic or next-gen project? That will make a difference to the extent you can customise your service desk.

Darren Gonzalez September 4, 2020

I dug a little deeper in the settings and was able to customize the service desk exactly as needed. Thanks!

Like # people like this
Pi Network Support September 22, 2020

We used the demo account to create ours, and our outgoing emails to customers show that the emails are coming from "Demo Service Desk". What setting do we need to change, so that we can show the name of out company service desk.

We appreciate any guidance.

Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2020

Hi @Pi Network Support 

It's under Project Settings > Channels> Customer Portal

under  Service desk information. Name*

This will change it in the portal as well

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin