Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Issue Type visible to the customer be different from the Issue Type we see internally?

mark hewitt October 16, 2020

We would like to limit customers to registering a generic 'service request' Issue Type for all their issues, but then assign a more appropriate Issue Type following review by our Service Desk Team team.

Can anyone advise how that might be achieved?  (A documentation reference would be helpful).

I have seen community posts that references Extension(s), but I would expect that this would at some point become available out of the box.

Thanks for any advice you can offer,

Mark

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2020

So first let’s discuss JSD terms. Issue types are only seen by Agents while customers see Request Types. There is a N:1 relationship between RT:IT. Now if you wish to restrict which RT are presented to the customer and have some hidden them simply don’t assign the RT to a group. In the recent versions of JSD Cloud RTs are initially hidden and must be assigned to one or more groups to be visible to customers.

Thanks Jack, I think that explains a few things for me !

So if we want, we can configure a Request Type(s) so that it determines the Issue Type the agents see, but the Issue Type itself is never visible / disclosed to customers.

Can you confirm that's right ?

Cheers,

Mark

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2020

Yes but let’s state it differently. When creating Request types you must associate it with a single Issue type. This allows you to present meaningful  types to a customer while having a single workflow, scheme for multiple RT.

Thanks Jack, I think it'll be clear when I build it in to the pilot.

Really appreciate your time and patience,

Mark

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events