Can't edit workflow

Thomas Wolfe April 11, 2021

Want to edit workflow in ticket system on a project I have inherit. I'm administrator. But there are no pencil to click on at project settings->workflows. Where I can see the two existing workflows. How Do I edit workflow?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

@Thomas Wolfe -

Just like what @Marco Brundel  mentioned, if you want to see which other project is using the WF in question, then you will need Jira system admin right.  If you have it, then you can access it 

1) The clog wheel located at the upper right of the screen and select "Issues"

2021-04-12_7-41-07.png

2) In the "Issues" window, select "Workflows" option and you can then search for the WF name under the "Active" section.  You will be able to identify which WF scheme the WF is associated to.  From there you can then find out which other project(s) that is sharing the same WF scheme.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thomas Wolfe April 14, 2021

Thank you for the help.

The issue was only administration rights. When I got those for Jira, I could edit the workflow. It was only used in one project. Not linked to others

Like Marco Brundel likes this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Excellent.  When you have a chance, please click on Answer Accepted to our replies.

Best, Joseph

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2021

Hi @Thomas Wolfe ,

the workflow I suppose is also used in other jira projects. Then only the jira admin can adjust the workflow.

regards, Marco

Thomas Wolfe April 12, 2021

Hi Marco

Thank you for the reply. Is there a way to see who else is using it? I'm not from a large organization, so it sound unlikely it is in use elsewhere. 

Like Marco Brundel likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events