Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create classic Service Desk Projects

Yuri Maciel April 6, 2020

I am not able to create "classic" Service Desk project. I can only create next-gen Service Desk Projects.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matt April 25, 2020

I've found a solution!

@Yuri Maciel @Petter Gonçalves 

I was reading the announcement for early access to ITSM templates when I stumbled across the solution...

I've now confirmed this on two separate sites I administer. The following steps will restore all classic service desk templates.

1. Visit the following URL
  2. <your site name>.atlassian.net/jsd-itsm
  3. Click "Enable ITSM early access"
  4. Click "Create ITSM project"
  5. Click "Change Template" and verify that all classic service desk templates appear.
  6. You may now cancel creating a new project. (Or continue if you would like).
  7. Classic Service Desk templates have now been restored. You can create one from the standard "Create Project > Classic Project" menu.

I believe Atlassian's build/deployment to enable early access to the ITSM template included a bug that bjorked being able to see "classic service desk templates".

I should also note that I administer 3 sites total, and 1 of the three already had a classic service desk. On that site, classic templates never disappeared. It's the only difference I can see that might explain the disappearance on the other two.

(Edited grammar mistakes)

Yuri Maciel April 29, 2020

Hello Matt, thank you very much. Indeed with these steps, now I am able to see "classic" service desk templates.

Thank you for sharing this knowledge!

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2020

Hello @Yuri Maciel

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In order to create a Classic project in your Jira Cloud application, your user must have the Administer Jira global permission.

That being said, please check if your user is in any group added with the Administer Jira permission under Jira Settings > System > Global Permissions. If you are not a site-admin or Jira-admin, please ask someone with those privileges to check and properly set your user with that permission.

To know more about global permissions, please check the documentation below:

Managing global permissions 

If your user has the mentioned global permission but is still facing this problem, please let us know if any message or error is returned when you try to create a new classic project.

Yuri Maciel April 8, 2020

Hello @Petter Gonçalves thanks for your answer.

As I can see I am under the site-admin and jira-admin group under global permissions.

I get no error, the case is that the "IT service desk" is not available, for "classic projects". In other words, when I select "Create project", the IT service desk doesn't show up.

global permissions.pngproject options.png

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2020

Hello @Yuri Maciel

Thank you for your details.

That's a really strange behavior. Please, try the steps below to further troubleshoot the issue:

1 - What happens when you click on Switch To > Service desk? Can you try to create a service desk project in the redirected page?

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 15.45.39.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-08 at 15.45.55.png

2 - Check the please check under User management > Product access if your user is properly configured with the Service desk product access, as described in the documentation below:

Groups and product access 

3 - Try to logout, and log back in with a different browser.

Let us know if the steps above helped you.

Matt April 25, 2020

@Petter Gonçalves I'm also having this problem, and having tried all the steps suggested I still see "No templates found" when trying to create a Classic Service Desk project. I also only see "Software" and "Business" in the templates drop down for classic projects.

Yuri Maciel April 29, 2020

Hello Peter, sorry for the late response. Even following these steps I was not able to "see" classic IT service desk template. The steps suggested by Matt, in this same thread fixed this issue of mine.

Thank you very much for your support and attention!!!

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events