Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Upload Files

Vlad Kochanzhi November 24, 2020

I can't upload excel files into JIRA ticket comments. It looks like it loads 99% then FAILS.

This is extremely frustrating as it happens randomly and is impossible to fix. PLEASE HEEELP

2 answers

0 votes
maxjohns December 14, 2021

I noticed a similar problem just today when I was trying to upload an XLSX file to my company's Jira (Data Centre version). I noticed the problem only happened when I had the file open in Excel. Perhaps this is what you're seeing?

If this is the same issue for you (it looks like you're using the Cloud version), then I'd guess that this has something to do with the fact that Excel likes to take both the read and write permissions, and that might be blocking some functionality. 

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2020

Hello @Vlad Kochanzhi,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I wasn't able to replicate the same issue.

You said that it's random, so I would like more details to understand when it happens.

Are you able to attach the same file right after it fails? Is it necessary to refresh the page to make it work?

Is it happening only with Excel files or also images, pdfs?

Is it affecting other users or projects?

Regards,
Angélica

Vlad Kochanzhi November 25, 2020

Hello Angelica,

Thank you for responding.

Others on my team have had this issue as well, I think it only happens with excel and csv files. 

I say it's random because some files upload fine sometimes, and other times they just don't.

Once it doesn't work the first time, nothing seems to fix it. i've tried refreshing, starting a new session, shutting down everything else, restarting my laptop.

It just happened today again. This is a 2MB and 5MB file.

1.PNG2.PNG

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2020

Thank you for sharing the screenshots, Vlad.

In the first one, I can see that it's in the comment box in the customer portal. Does it also happen if you upload it in the agent view?

There was an incident on November 19 that affected not only Service Management but Software and Business projects as well, but it was fixed.

Do you remember if the issue started on this day or after that? 

Is it affecting other types of projects or only Service Management?

Please, open the developer tools on your browser and check if it shows any other error in the console tab when you upload the files.

Vlad Kochanzhi November 30, 2020

@Angélica Luz 

Good morning Angelica :)

This issue has been happening for months now inconsistently. 

I'd sent a ticket to our IT team at the same time I reached out to you.

They found that the "Failed to Load" error actually pertains to the "preview" that JIRA attempts to load for excel files and that the file itself is still uploading.

Also they found that if we switch to the "old view" there is no issue.

Hope that is helpful.

Kind Regards,

Vlad

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events