Can jira upload a file automatically when a data point is added?

Kim Semler November 24, 2020

Hi- In a jira ticket, when I enter a code in the section called Size Code in the image, I would like Jira to automatically upload a specific file into the ticket, Is this possible? 

2 answers

0 votes
Kim Semler November 24, 2020

Hi Thank you-ok let me try to expand on this: I have excel documents with specs for different size codes. When I enter the size code into Jira, I want it to auto-populate the excel chart that correlates to that code. So for example SFO is our standard spec. Normally I would write in the code in the drop-down and then have to manually add the excel document with the measurements for that code. Is there a way to have jira automatically pull in the right file based on the code that's entered? Thank you. 

Screenshot 2020-11-24 151721.jpg

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Hi, @Kim Semler ! 

Welcome to the Community!

Сould you describe your case in more detail?

Describe the business case and what value you want to get from it. if possible, attach

screenshots.

Having understood the case, we will try to help you and offer more options for implementation, if possible.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events