Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can collaborators(i.e JIRA users) make external comments on JIRA ITSM issues?

Ravi Tata May 4, 2021

We have a JIRA ITSM project, and have a support team that have users set up as Agents.
Our other team/s members(i.e developers) are given permissions as a JIRA team mebers so that they can collaborate on JIRA ITSM issues with our Support team.

I read this & i'd like to understand if sharing an issue with JIRA Team members will actually give them the ability to 'Add public comments in the portal' 

See https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/jira-service-management-issue-shared-with-jira-team-members/

FYI - 
My JIRA team members have permissions to add/edit and delete their own comments & this is working.
For an issue that is shared to them, they cant see the option to add a public/external comment

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

Only agents can make public comments. Collaborators can only make internal comments

Ravi Tata May 4, 2021

Thanks for your response  @Jack Brickey  
In the event where a Collaborator needs to respond to a customer(i.e via external comment), are there other options other than making them an Agent themselves?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

None that I am aware of. 

Like Ravi Tata likes this
Marek Troschinski August 15, 2022

Seems like now there is the option to mark a collaborator as a request participant. That way the collaborator can make public comments in the help center/portal.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2022

@Marek Troschinski , if the collaborator is also a Customer then yes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events