Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a user see additional issues based on security level in the customer portal?

Claudia Galeas May 7, 2014

I would like for my users to see issues that they have access based on security level in the customer portal. Currently they are able to see in the customer portal only issues that they create.

For instance, user 1 has access to view issues A and B in the project. Issue A was created by user 1 and issue B created by user 2. In the customer portal User 1 is able to see issue A only. I would like for User 1 to see issues A and B in the customer portal.

Thank you.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

Hi Claudia,

You currently can not change the customer portal so it will show other issues than those created through the portal.

Some more information :

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-55

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-129

Best regards,

Peter

Claudia Galeas May 19, 2014

Thank you Peter

0 votes
Claudia Galeas May 8, 2014

Hi Mehmet,

The customer portal displays only the user's issues created via the portal in the My requests page. It excludes the issues created via email or through the service desk.

I do not understand well what you meand by 'another application running up front on top of the service desk' . We are running the normal jira Service Desk. No agile.

The other option I see is to grant permission to my clients to see the service desk. The problem with this is that the SLA tab is displayed in the project navigator. Do you know of a way to hide the SLA tab?

Thanks,

Claudia

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

Hi Claudia,

Sorry, I missed the portal part. Can you explain briefly what the Customer Portal is technically doing? Is that another application running up front on top of Service Desk?

Mehmet

0 votes
Claudia Galeas May 7, 2014

Hi Mehmet. I was able to set the security schemes and it works well inside the service desk but I can still not access the issues via the customer portal.

In the portal, I am able to see only my issues created via the portal. It excludes my issues created via email. Is there a way around this problem?

Thank you

Claudia

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

I think you can do that as follows:

1. Create a new project role, let's call it "Team X"
  2. Add your user 1 and and user 2 to Project role "Team X"
  3. Create a new security scheme
  4. Add two security levels
  5. First one, call it "Private" and make it default and add Project Role "Team X"
  6. Add a second security level and call it public and add Project Role "Public"
  7. Update your permissions scheme of the project and make sure you give create and browse permissions to Project Role "users"

When an issue created, it will be accessible by only user 1 and user 2 until the issue security scheme is changed to Public.

Hope that helps.

Mehmet

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events