Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use wizard to select issue type?

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

In designing our change control process we would like to have 4 issue types that represent severity of change.   Each issue type would have more required fields as severity increases. 

We want a wizard like interface that would help quide the user as to which issue type to select.  This would depend on a series of factors such as impact, probability, number of users affected, etc.  Is this something available in Jira or with 3rd party app?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2020

So customers in JSD choose Request type not issue types which are not exposed to the customers at all. In any event there isn't any way to do this OOTB for Request types or Issue types. Unaware of any addon that could do this but that doesn't mean there isn't a solution out there. Does the solution have to be Issue type? Could you not simply use a custom field?

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2020

Thanks @Jack Brickey , I think most of our users bypass the JSD customer interface and just raise issues directly from the project.  But I think if I can get  them to chose by request type I can add in the extra text I was going to use in the wizard.  So thanks for reminding me of this.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2020

using the Create sort of breaks the JSD process. You need to ensure the Request Type is filled in to ensure notifications go out to the customer (reporter).

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2020

Yes you are right!  I have noticed most of our tickets lack a request type, but currently we only have one issue type for the change control project.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events