Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use iFrame

Andrew Jolley January 3, 2021

Can I embed the service portal in my website without the widget (e.g. iFrame)?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

Andrew,

You can iFrame any website into another website.  I don't think it would be pretty and would suggest using the widget.  The widget provides a lot of functionality to a user and is very easy to add to a website.  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/embed-a-widget-onto-a-web-page/

You can always add the widget to allow users to quickly raise a request and then link to the portal for them to review their requests.

Yes I thought of that but I just wanted a page that was already open when a user goes to the support page. The only reason I ask is because when I embed the portal, I get '... has refused to connect' ... being the portal URL

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

Andrew,

Sorry I spoke to soon.  Looking at Atlassian's page source they use x-frame-option to prevent the page from being added to an iframe.  Lots of sites do this now to avoid click-jacking attacks, by ensuring that their content is not embedded into other sites.  So iframe is not an option.

So there's no way of embedding it?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2021

No

Andreas Lärkfeldt Stretch February 23, 2021

This is sad ... it would be great if you remove this restriction from "approved" URL:s.

But if this is not on your roadmap - do you have any plans to give customers the possibility to use custom URL:s for their Service Desks? And that atlassian handles the configuration?

Example: xxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk -> support.xxx.com

If not - please add it as a request! :) (I'm NOT the only customer who would fancy this solution)

Kind regards,

Andreas

Like # people like this
Brady Buttrey April 9, 2024

Hi @Brant Schroeder

I'm curious, is this functionality possible on the Data Center version of Jira Service Management?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2024

@Brady Buttrey you would run into the same issue.  On DC you might be able to manipulate the code base to allow it.  Best practice would be to use the web services or widget.

Brady Buttrey April 9, 2024

So maybe I read the initial question wrong. I'm looking for a way to integrate a chatbot, that we are building, onto the Customer portal (on the data center version). We are looking into all options, but if i wanted to add the chatbot in an iFrame on the customer portal, I might be able to manipulate the code base to prevent the blocking? It might not be the prettiest option but I'm not seeing much documentation on other people attempting this, so if you know of a better method let me know. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2024

@Brady Buttrey yes you would have to add a custom code block.  In the past I have implemented this one of two ways.  Editing the application.  This requires maintenance every time you update the application.  You can use an app like refined that allows you to enter code blocks in the portal through the app.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events