Can I use Stitchdata with JIRA service desk?

Otto Saksa November 11, 2020

I'm trying to understand whether it's possible to use the Stitchdata integration  to extract, transform, and load data from the JIRA service desk to a data warehouse.

So basically, in which table are the tickets and their attributes stored? I read here that the service desk requests are stored in the "issues" table (which is already supported by Stitchdata). Can anyone confirm this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2020

Hello @Otto Saksa

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, it seems you are looking to integrate Stitchdata with Jira Service desk Server application, however, your question is tagged as JSD Cloud. Can you confirm if you are using Jira Server or Cloud?

Please, allow me to clarify some concepts so we can confirm we're on the same page here:

As you can see in the documentation provided, Jira Cloud integration with a third-party application can be done by REST API:

Stitch’s JIRA integration replicates data from a JIRA Cloud instance using the JIRA Cloud REST API v2. Refer to the Schema section for a list of objects available for replication.

In Jira Cloud, there's no access to the application's database, as this is a restricted function.

Now, for Jira Server, you can indeed build an integration directly with the database. In that case, the jiraissue table is where the tickets and their attributes are stored. For more details about this, you can check the documentation below:

To find or view a Jira issue from the database using SQL 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Otto Saksa November 13, 2020

Hi @Petter Gonçalves, many thanks for your response and the warm welcome! 

To clarify, we're using JIRA Cloud and the idea is to use Stitchdata to pull data from JIRA Service Desk to track ticket resolution times. 

According to their documentation only certain tables are supported. So basically I'm trying to validate whether the integration covers service desk tickets or not. Do you have any insight on that? 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2020

Hello @Otto Saksa

Thank you for the details provided.

Analyzing the mentioned Stitchdata documentation more carefully, I must confess that it has some incorrect or at least ambiguous information about Jira Cloud application. Allow me to explain it:

We don't have a table literally called "Issues" in Jira Cloud and, even if we had, the database is not accessible on Cloud to do a direct integration as mentioned in the doc below:

Compare Jira Cloud and Jira Server 

That being said, I must confess that I'm not sure why that database information would be relevant for the integration in Cloud.

All the data related to Jira can only be integrated externally by using Jira REST API, coming in a JSON format as described in the following links:

Access to the database from Jira on the cloud 

Jira Service Desk Cloud REST APIs 

Jira Software Cloud REST API 

For more details about how Stitch receive and sync and handler that information, I suggest contacting the Support team from Stitchdata.

Let us know if you have any other questions related to Jira we can help you with.

Otto Saksa November 16, 2020

Hi @Petter Gonçalves, thanks a lot for expanding upon your previous answer and looking into this in more depth! 

Your overview was very helpful, and I'll reach out to Stitchdata for more information. 

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events