Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Confluence for final user documentation?

William Guerra April 23, 2021

Hello,

I work in a company that has different products that are robust, so we need to train users through different meetings, not so much because it is difficult to use but because it has many very technical functionalities.

The problem is that we do not have these products documented. We have tried to set up our own documentation page, but the truth is that we have higher priorities and we do not have the time and capacity.

Can I use Confluence for each product as a public page for end-users? ¿Can the logo and name of the site be changed?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Hello @William Guerra ,

if I understand correctly, you want to use Confluence for documentation of your products? It surely is possible, you can for example check out our documentation for our plugin EasyMind, also stored on Confluence (no promo, just an example :) ): https://morosystems.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/EASYMIND/overview

You can change the logo and site name in Confluence administration -> section Look and Feel, multiple ways to customize your Confluence.

If I misunderstood you, let me know.

Adam

William Guerra April 23, 2021

Hi Adam,

Thank you, I already change the look and feel. 😊

So do you manage the pages that you allow external users to enter with permissions? Because there are things that I would not like users to see.

I want to make something like this https://kotlinlang.org/docs/roadmap.html but free in Confluence.

Thanks,

Willy.

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Hello Willy,

That is correct - with space permissions. We have a separate spaces for each plugin and there is a view permission set up for Anonymous users. Our internal spaces are on the same instance, but only our internal users have permission to see these. 

Unfortunately it is not completely free though - to set up anonymous access, you need to be on Standard plan, it is not possible on Free plan, if I am not mistaken.

If you need it to be completely free, I am thinking of Open Source licenses. If you have any open source project and meet the requirements, you can try to apply for the license here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/open-source-license-request . However, one of the conditions is to have the instance completely public - all the spaces must be visible for anonymous users. In your case, I would then set up new separate instance of Confluence, which would contain only your documentations, since all of them should be public.

Regards,
Adam

Like # people like this
William Guerra April 25, 2021

Thank you very much, Adam,

You have helped a lot,

Regards,

Willy,

Like # people like this
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

No problem, WIlly, happy to help!

Like Dave Liao likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events