Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set Jira so the tickets marked as done in my active sprint are hidden by default?

Javan Bailey July 1, 2022

When we have an active sprint with 10 or more tasks the ones that are done or closed clutter up the sprint board so I wanted to filter by default to only show open and In progress tickets. I know you can filter this each time you view the sprint with a filter but is there a ways to set this as default so that you don’t have to keep filtering it? 

2 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2022

What behavior would you like to see? Are you thinking you would have a done column where issues can be dragged to when they're complete and they suddenly disappear or something different? Generally speaking agile teams are interested in seeing the work that has been completed or any number of reasons not the least of which is a sense of accomplishment. If this is still something desirable to you I would suggest modifying your filter to hide done issues older than say 24 hours.

1 vote
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2022

Hi @Javan Bailey ,

Welcome to the community. 

You can edit the board filter so that closed issues are not shown in general, but the there will be no way to show closed issues then.

To do that, go to the board configuration. There should be a link to the board filter. Open that filter and modify  the query, so that done issues are not included and save the filter.

Then your board should not show these issues any more.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events