Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I link directly to the Jira Service Desk widget form without using the widget button

Morgan Thunder January 20, 2021

The JIRA Service Desk widget settings page provides a Widget button for opening the service request form. Its customisation options are extremely limited - only allowing you to choose a colour for the button and form background.

I want to link my own buttons directly to the form but the code snippet provided always displays the button, which you must press to make the form appear.  For my use case this is no good to me.

Is there a way to adjust the code snippet so that it will directly display the form?

In general is there a way to see and adjust the code for the button and form? I saw a post about using jQuery DOM manipulation but how can I do that when I can't see the code for this form or button? I don't know what elements to adjust.  The embed.js file in the snippet provided does not show any html elements either.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Since the button is included in the JavaScript that you are embedding into the page it would be very difficult to override it.  You could try identifying the CSS for the button and overriding that, I believe that would be an easier solution.  The issue that you will run into is Atlassian could change their code at anytime making your work around fail.  

Morgan Thunder January 22, 2021

So I guess the answer is no then.  What I want is to be able to link to the form from places other than the widget button. It doesn't make sense to link to a button. Oh well :(

Thanks for the answer by the way! :)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

You can always make your own form and submit it using the Jira API.

Thanks - that might take a bit of time though. Will look into it when I can. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events