Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create custom fields for customer record?

Lori August 27, 2020

I need to set up customers in Jira Service Desk but need to capture more information for that customer such as Client Code, Product Lines Used, Client Support Rep assigned to the account, address, phone number, etc.

Right now it is only allowing me to enter the Name for the customer.  Can I create custom fields to associate to a customer record?

Some additional clarification ... I would need to track custom information for Organizations and Customers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2020

Lori, the organisation feature in JSD is designed to allow customers to share support requests amongst their colleague (info here). There does appear to be anyway to add additional fields to it.  

As for customer records, we keep essential information on a customer organisation in a separate project and have various custom fields to hold information about each organisation. We are working on an automation process to then link all support requests from an organisation back to this customer record. It is definitely a work in progress, but it should allow us to see all requests that come from particular customers.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events